This is the recipe to make the homemade version of this well-known commercial breakfast product. By making them at home, we can adapt them to our taste and better control the ingredients used in their preparation.
They last perfectly in an airtight container for several days. So, if you feel like it, you can double the amounts in the recipe and have a delicious breakfast or snack.
The original version has the chocolate puffed rice and dark chocolate chips, although we can make versions with white chocolate chips if we have a sweet tooth. We can even combine two types of chocolate if we are creative.
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 30 minutes
- Total time: 40 minutes
- Rations: 10, 40 units
- Category: breakfast
- Type of cuisine: American
- Calories per serving (kcal): 203
Ingredients of homemade Chocoflakes
- 75 g unsalted butter at room temperature
- 80 g white sugar
- 1 egg M
- 230 g wheat flour
- 8 g of chemical yeast (Royal type)
- 40 g of chocolate puffed rice (Choco Krispies type)
- 30 g chocolate chips
How to make homemade Chocoflakes
We mix very well 75 grams of unsalted butter at room temperature with 80 grams of white sugar.Marina Corma
We add 1 egg M and integrate it into the mixture.
We sift 230 grams of wheat flour and 8 grams of baking powder and completely integrate them into the mixture.
We make a ball with the dough and refrigerate for 30 minutes so that it gains a little consistency.
We stretch the dough on a lightly floured surface.Marina Corma
We prepare 40 g of chocolate puffed rice and 30 g of chocolate chips. We put a portion of these ingredients along a strip of dough.
We cover with the dough and cut with the help of a curly pasta cutter.Marina Corma
We cut with the help of a knife into portions of about 2 cm. We repeat again with the leftover dough.Marina Corma
Preheat the oven to 180ºC with heat up and down. Place the Chocoflakes on a baking tray lined with parchment paper and bake for 8-10 minutes or until they turn slightly golden around the edges.
Remove from the oven and let cool on the tray for 5 minutes, then let cool completely on a rack.Marina Corma
Once cool, we have them ready to consume.Marina Corma
Easy Preparation Summary
- We mix the butter and sugar
- We add the egg
- We integrate the flour and baking powder
- We make a ball with the dough and refrigerate
- We stretch the dough
- We spread puffed rice and chocolate chips throughout the dough.
- We cover and cut
- Cut into portions of about 2 cm and repeat with the rest of the dough.
- We bake the Chocoflakes in the oven preheated to 180 ºC for 8-10 minutes
- We let it cool completely
- We serve