Whether to enjoy them with a little maple syrup, melted butter, fruit or your favorite sauce in generous quantities, pancakes, those delicious and fluffy pancakes or Pancakesthey are always a winning choice.
The secret to making perfect pancakes lies in achieving the right balance between flavor and texture: lightly toasted and crispy on the outside and fluffy inside. To do this, we need to get the correct texture of the dough, which should be slightly thick, like Greek yogurt, and without lumps. This way, it will have enough consistency to not expand when you pour it into the pan and get well-puffed and spongy pancakes.
Must avoid overmixing the dough to prevent the development of gluten and make them dense and chewy. Finally, we will let it rest for a few minutes so that the flour is hydrated, the yeast is activated a little and the pancakes are softer.
Although it is true that we do not need specific utensils or special ones for making pancakes, it is important to use a good pan in which they do not stick. A spatula will help us turn them quickly and accurately, without breaking them or damaging their shape, and a spoon or measurer will ensure that the amount of dough is always the same and we will obtain pancakes of the same size.
Taking into account everything we have just told you and with the recipe that we show you below, you can now prepare the most irresistible pancakes you have ever tasted. Prepare your pan and let the magic begin!Monica Prego
- Preparation time: 5 minutes
- Cooking time: 15 minutes
- Total time: 20 minutes (plus 30 minutes of dough rest)
- Rations: 4, 12 units
- Category: cake shop
- Type of cuisine: American
- Calories per serving (kcal): 433
Ingredients for pancakes for 4 people
For the mass:
- 190 g of common wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder or baking powder (Royal type)
- 1 pinch of salt
- 25g sugar
- 1 medium egg
- 40 g melted butter for the dough (plus a little more to brush the pan)
- 240 ml whole milk (or, buttermilk or buttermilk)
- Maple syrup or honey
How to make pancakes
We start by weighing and measuring the ingredients to make the dough. In a large container, sift 190 g of flour with 2 teaspoons of baking powder and 1 pinch of salt.Monica Prego
We make a volcano in the middle of the flour where we will pour 25 g of sugar, 1 medium egg and 40 g of melted butter.
Using a whisk or a fork, we begin by mixing the egg with the butter and, while stirring, little by little we add 240 ml of whole milk. If instead of milk we use buttermilk or buttermilk, they will be especially juicy.Monica Prego
We continue beating and integrating all the ingredients until the dough is homogeneous and without lumps. We cover it and let it rest for 30 minutes at room temperature, so that the flour is hydrated and the pancakes are fluffier.Monica Prego
Once the dough has rested, heat a frying pan over medium heat and spread it with butter. With a measuring spoon, or a saucepan, take about 60 ml of dough and pour it into the center of the pan.
We let the portion of dough cook until we see bubbles appear on the surface.Monica Prego
At that moment, we turn the pancake with the help of a spatula and let it cook for another minute on the other side. We lift it a little on the side to check if it is golden and remove it to a platter or plate.Monica Prego
We continue doing the same process until we finish all the dough. Once we have all the pancakes made, we serve them either on a platter or stacked on top of each other on a plate.
To accompany them, we can add a knob of butter, maple syrup, honey or another sauce to taste.Monica Prego
And now we can enjoy our delicious freshly made pancakes.Monica Prego
Easy Preparation Summary
- We sift the flour with the yeast and salt
- We pour the sugar, the egg and the melted butter
- We beat while we add the milk
- When the dough is homogeneous, we cover it and let it rest for 30 minutes.
- We heat a frying pan, spread it with butter and pour a portion of dough in the center.
- We cook until we see bubbles on the surface of the pancake
- We turn it over, let it cook for 1 minute on the other side and if it is golden, we remove it.
- We make the rest of the pancakes in the same way
- We add butter and/or maple syrup or other sauces
- We serve them freshly made