Next, we are going to prepare a pumpkin pie with a crunchy crust and a mega creamy filling with a spicy touch that makes it irresistible. We can accompany it with whipped cream or a little vanilla ice cream. Although it’s just a real spectacle. We can replace the roasted pumpkin with the typical canned pumpkin preparations that we increasingly find in supermarkets and baking stores. These preparations can get us out of trouble if we don’t have roasted pumpkin and we want to prepare this pumpkin pie. Although I have to tell you that I like it much better with pumpkin roasted in the oven in the traditional way.Marina Corma
- Preparation time: 40 minutes
- Cooking time: 1 hour and 10 minutes
- Total time: 1 hour and 50 minutes
- Rations: 10
- Category: cake shop
- Type of cuisine: US
- Calories per serving (kcal): 415
Ingredients for pumpkin pie or pie for 10 people
For the mass:
- 175 g wheat flour
- Half a teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 125 g cold unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- 40-80 g of very cold water
For the filling:
- 2 eggs M
- 150 g brown sugar
- Half a teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 300 g roasted pumpkin
- 320 g whipping cream (35% fat)
For decoration (optional):
- 200 g whipping cream (35% fat)
- 30 g icing sugar
- Removable cake mold 23 cm diameter
How to make pumpkin pie or pie
We will start by preparing the pumpkin pie dough. To do this, we put the 175 grams of wheat flour, the half teaspoon of salt, the teaspoon of white sugar and the 125 grams of cold unsalted butter cut into cubes, in a bowl. We mix just until the mixture has a sandy texture.Marina Corma
We are gradually adding between 40 and 80 grams of very cold water. We stop adding water just when the dough begins to come away from the bowl, but before the dough forms a ball.
We make a ball with the dough and flatten it a little. We wrap with transparent film and refrigerate for 30 minutes in the refrigerator or 10 minutes in the freezer.Marina Corma
We stretch the dough to a thickness between 3 and 5 mm, and with a diameter of 30 cm. I like to stretch it on the transparent film that we have used to wrap it, this way we avoid putting extra flour in the dough when stretching it. This way, it will also be easier for us to manipulate it when placing it on the mold.Marina Corma
We put the dough in the 23 cm removable cake pan and arrange it well. We cut off the excess from the edges and prick the entire surface and the sides with a fork. Preheat the oven to 190ºC with heat up and down.
We place a piece of baking paper that covers the entire dough well and put some dried legumes or baking weights on top of the paper.Marina Corma
Bake for 20 minutes, or until the dough looks dry but is not overcooked. Let it cool while we prepare the filling.Marina Corma
To prepare the filling, we put the 2 M eggs together with the 150 grams of brown sugar, half a teaspoon of salt and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon. We mix well.Marina Corma
We add the 300 grams of roasted pumpkin and the 320 grams of whipping cream. We mix until all the ingredients are integrated, with a homogeneous color and texture.Marina Corma
We pour the mixture over the dough. We lower the oven temperature to 180 ºC and keep the heat up and down.Marina Corma
Bake the pumpkin pie or pie for 40-50 minutes, or until the pie filling looks completely set.Marina Corma
We remove the cake from the oven and let it cool before unmolding.Marina Corma
If we feel like it, we serve it accompanied by a little whipped cream or icing sugar.Marina Corma
Easy Preparation Summary
- Beat the flour, salt, sugar and butter until they have a sandy texture.
- Add cold water until the dough comes off the bowl.
- We make a ball and refrigerate
- We stretch the dough
- We put the dough in the mold and prick with a toothpick. Preheat the oven to 190ºC, heat up and down.
- We cover the dough with baking paper and dried legumes.
- Bake for 20 minutes and let cool.
- We beat the eggs, brown sugar, salt and cinnamon
- We add the roasted pumpkin and the cream
- We pour the mixture over the dough and lower the oven temperature to 180 ºC
- We bake for 40-50 minutes
- Let it cold down
- We optionally decorate with whipped cream and icing sugar.