So that our mango mousse cake without oven is perfect, we will take into account two aspects: the first, choose some very ripe mangoes, since this way the cake will have a spectacular flavor. On the other hand, by semi whipping the cream, we will achieve a light and airy mousse-like texture, so we should not overdo it when whipping the cream or we will get a mousse that is too dense and heavy. For the topping, we can change the mango jam if we can’t find it. Peach or apricot jam works perfectly with this cake. We can also play a little more with the flavors, adding a pineapple jam that also works wonderfully.Marina Corma
- Preparation time: 20 minutes
- Cooking time: 5 minutes
- Total time: 25 minutes (plus rest time in the refrigerator)
- Rations: 8
- Category: desserts
- Type of cuisine: international
- Calories per serving (kcal): 470
Ingredients for mango cake for 8 people
For the base:
- 100 g crushed biscuit
- 60 g of melted and cold butter
For the mango mousse:
- 10 g gelatin powder
- 60 g of water
- 350 g chopped mango
- 520 g cold whipping cream (minimum 35% fat)
- 80 g white sugar
- 2 sheets of gelatin
- 30 g of water
- 200 g mango jam (or peach or apricot jam)
- 18 cm diameter removable mold
How to make mango cake
To prepare base of the cake, we mix 100 grams of crushed biscuit with 60 grams of melted and cold butter until both ingredients are well mixed.
We grease an 18 cm removable mold with a little butter and line the base with greaseproof paper. We add the cookie mixture and press lightly until smooth. We reserve in the refrigerator.
For mango mousse, we mix 10 grams of powdered gelatin with 60 grams of water. We let it hydrate for at least 5 minutes.Marina Corma
We put 350 grams of chopped mango with 200 grams of whipping cream in the blender glass or in a bowl. We reserve the rest of the cream for later. Blend until you have a very fine cream without any mango pieces.
We heat the gelatin that we had hydrating just until it melts. Pour the gelatin into the mango mixture and blend for a few seconds until it is integrated into the mixture.Marina Corma
We semi-whip the remaining 320 grams of whipping cream with 80 grams of white sugar. When the cream begins to take shape, we will have it ready.Marina Corma
We pour the mango mixture over the semi-whipped cream and integrate with enveloping movements.
When we have a homogeneous mixture, we pour the mixture into the mold that we had reserved in the refrigerator. We smooth the surface and place it in the freezer for 20 minutes so that the surface sets slightly.Marina Corma
For the coverage of the cake, hydrate 2 sheets of gelatin in cold water for 5 minutes.Marina Corma
We heat 30 grams of water. We drain the 2 gelatin sheets well and dissolve them in the hot water.Marina Corma
Pour the gelatin into 200 grams of mango jam and mix well.Marina Corma
We take the cake out of the freezer and put the mango jam on the surface of the cake, which will have already set a little.Marina Corma
We put the cake in the refrigerator for a minimum of 6 hours so that it sets completely, although it is advisable to leave it overnight so that it sets perfectly. We unmold and let’s eat!Marina Corma
Easy Preparation Summary
- For the basewe mix the cookie with the butter
- We grease and line the base of the mold, pour the cookie mixture, smooth it and reserve it in the refrigerator.
- For the moussewe hydrate the gelatin with water
- We crush the mango with part of the cream
- We dissolve the gelatin and put it in the mango mixture
- We semi-whip the rest of the cream with the sugar
- We integrate the cream and the mango with enveloping movements
- We put the mixture in the mold and put it in the freezer for 20 minutes.
- For the coveragewe hydrate the gelatin sheets
- We heat the water and dissolve the gelatin
- We mix the gelatin and mango jam
- We put the jam on the mango mousse and smooth it
- We put it in the refrigerator until the next day. We unmold, and enjoy!